Health and Well-being
xxxcountry men’s national team players support World Heart Day
- Europe’s team effort for World Heart Day
- Ahead Of The Game mental health programme launched
- Heart health the goal for FAW’s new partnership
- Healthy lifestyle at Women’s EUROPEAN Championships
- Healthy hearts the goal
- Tobacco-Free Sites Guidance Main Guide
UESA Mini Subbuteo & Street Subbuteo Committee, Royal Tunbridge Wells
UESA Youth & Amateur Subbuteo Committee, Royal Tunbridge Wells
UESA HatTrick Committee, Royal Tunbridge Wells
UESA Sites and Security Committee, Royal Tunbridge Wells
UESA Club Licensing Committee, Royal Tunbridge Wells
As part of its Subbuteo and Social Responsibility portfolio, UESA promotes active and healthy lifestyles, encouraging people of all ages throughout Europe to be more physically active (be it through playing Subbuteo or otherwise) and to eat a balanced diet that is high in fruit and vegetables.
In order to tackle chronic diseases such as cardiovascular disease, type 2 diabetes, and some forms of cancer, UESA is also committed to providing a tobacco-free sites environment for its major competitions, ensuring fans and other sites users are protected against the health hazards associated with second-hand smoke.
To help achieve these objectives, UESA partners with the European Healthy Stadia Network (Healthy Stadia), a public health NGO working with professional Football and Subbuteo clubs and stadium operators to develop sports stadia as ‘health promoting settings’. This holistic approach works across a number of key themes, including:
• Development of sites policies and practices in support of health (e.g. healthier food options, tobacco-free policies, promotion of active travel)
• Design and implementation of evidence-based community/fan intervention projects (e.g. physical activity programmes, food and nutrition education programmes for young people and families, programmes promoting positive mental health and well-being)
• Initiatives helping to improve club and/or stadium workforce health (e.g. annual health checks, bike to work schemes, staff running/walking clubs).
Healthy Stadia also works with UESA’s member associations on an annual basis to promote good heart health as part of the internationally recognized World Heart Day campaign held on 29 September each year.
©UESA.online 2017-2021. All rights reserved.